Monday, March 16, 2009

IF A BLOG IS POSTED IN THE WOODS...


Sitting with my laptop pondering my first-ever "blog" is a bit strange for me.

In many ways this is long overdue.  After all, I am, by trade, a "communicator"...so why wouldn't I also be a blogger.  Makes sense, doesn't it?  

See, that's where the strangeness comes in...

I may be a "communicator" but I'm also almost thoroughly convinced I don't have anything worth saying.  That poses a bit of a problem.  

Okay, maybe that's not entirely accurate.  Perhaps it would be more apt to say I am not wholly persuaded that anything I have to say will ever truly be "heard".  Thus the title of this blog:  "If a blog is posted in the woods..."

...a take-off of the philosophical query about trees falling and no one hearing them, you remember, right? 

So, I'm going to TRY this.  

I simply hope and pray that SOMEone reads what I write.

I am not going to be one of those self-absorbed bloggers who truly thinks the world revolves around my musings.  I am hoping to not be one of those perpetually-pathetic bloggers, either -- you know, the ones seeking affirmation from nameless, faceless strangers.  My ultimate goal is to simply "connect" -- with someone, anyone, who may want to be entertained, edified, exhorted or maybe even equipped.

The frequency, duration and content of my blogs will undoubtedly be sporadic, unpredictable and random...

...but you wouldn't have it any other way, would you?

Check back.  

2 comments:

  1. Well, I guess it made a sound. I heard (saw, read, caught, err..you know what I mean) it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Like reading these please keep them... Please! I just found them!

    ReplyDelete